I have decided to take a little break from blogging, but still want you to get the good stuff.. So, here is the Episode #2 of The Happy Mama Show! Enjoy! (And share!!)
PSST: To sign up for the 5-day Fill Your Happiness Jar challenge, click HERE!
I've caught another cold this past week. It hit me like a ton of bricks..and I am STILL trying to get over it.
In fact, when I started thinking about it, I realized I've been getting sick a whole lot more since I stopped breastfeeding...THREE years ago!
WOAH, I thought. Time to figure this out. Cut back on sugar, load up on probiotics, and take my vitamins more regularly should all help me get better and healthier soon.
It was easy as 1-2-3 to identify the culprit and make a plan of attack in order to get better.
Why isn't it as easy when it comes to our well-being?
When it comes to physical ailments, we can SPOT it and deal with it. When it comes to EMOTIONAL stuff...that shit is hiding deep down and doesn't want to be found.
So, what can we do about this? Check out my 5 tips to get out of an emotional funk and get HAPPY:
- Spot the Inner Mean Girl: It happens often that I get off facebook and find myself feeling ''off'' and don't really know why. If this happens to you, go back and figure out WHAT put you in this crazy mood. Your friends are enjoying the beach while you are shoveling your driveway and it got you all jealous? Your friends are getting married and making babies and you're spending Friday night alone..again and it got you thinking about LIFE and if you're doing it right? Etc... Find WHAT sparked that yucky feeling..so we can make it go away!
- Breathe: Now that you know WHAT has got you down.. Breathe it away. You have no use for this thought anymore. Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit. Done! Gone! Later Sucker! Take 5 to 10 deep cleansing breaths to help you get back to your center.
- Attitude of Gratitude: Instead of focusing on what you DON'T have..I want you to focus on what you DO have! Take a moment to think about THREE things you are grateful for RIGHT-THIS-SECOND. ''Thank you for the heat in my house that is keeping me warm!'', ''Thank you for the delicious coffee!'' and ''Thank you for this box of tissues!'' See, it doesn't have to be super thoughtful and fabulous...it just needs to be straight from the heart! Go ahead, give it a try!
- Wash it Off: Have you ever tried the Shower Meditation? Basically, when you shower, you picture all the worries and negativities being washed away! It feels soooooo good and it's so easy to do!
- Get HAPPY: Do something that puts a smile on your face. Whether that is having a dance party in your living room, a nice bubble bath or reading a good book - DO IT! You deserve to take at least 15 minutes to FEEL GOOD!!
There you have it! My 5 favourite tips to get out of an emotional funk and get HAPPY! Which tip is YOUR favourite? Tell me in the comments below!
PS: Want the tips in cheat sheet form - CLICK HERE!
PPS: Want to sign up for a HAPPY filled 5-day challenge - Click HERE!
Yesterday, I shared some real and raw emotions in my facebook group -> WooWoo Mama Wellness Community.
I was THAT mom. New mom of two who had no friggen clue what to do next. I was sent home because..I should know what I'm doing because I've done it before...but I was scared shitless.
I had a hard time connecting with my daughter and had to re-learn everything again since my other baby..was 5!
Lack of sleep, NO alone time and the guilt of not being as present as I wanted for Ethan led me to feeling overwhelmed, stressed out and ready to quit!
Overwhelm was taking over..
I was drowning and couldn't tell anyone because, this is supposed to be the most amazing time of my life. How can you tell your family that you HATE being a mom?
I kept everything to myself. I tried to drop hints, but no one heard the panic in my voice so I started thinking that this was all in my head. That maybe, I am not as fucked up as I thought. I mean, if the experts couldn't perceive it...it couldn't be real!
The days turned into weeks and the weeks turned into months.. I knew that I wasn't making this up, there was something wrong with me. Lack of sleep and hormones are one thing, but crying yourself to sleep and feeling like you're the world's shittiest mom on the daily is something else!
I knew that the people around me were not noticing that anything was wrong and I felt like I couldn't talk to them, so I went online to find help! (I realize NOW that asking for help would have been the smart thing to do, but I felt ashamed and didn't want them to know about any of it!)
I joined Breastfeeding mama groups and found BexLife. I suddenly realized that I wasn't alone in this. There were many communities of mama who were sharing my struggles... I felt like there was HOPE for me.
I took a while, but slowly I had some ah-ha moments that allowed me to UNDERSTAND and LET GO of my expectations. I had to make SHIFTS happen!
5 years ago, I was overwhelmed and stressed out. I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders and the pressure of ALL THE expectations. Today, I am no longer afraid of BEING ME and doing this MAMA thing as I see fit.
5 years of trial and error. 5 years of doing this on my own. 5 years of blood, sweat and tears. 5 years...to get HERE! HERE is where I finally ENJOY my family. HERE is where I finally found happiness (PSST: It was inside of me!). HERE is where I know that I don't have everything figured out, but know that everything is figureoutable! HERE is FUCKING AWESOME!
5 years...is way too long! LOL
During all those years, I gathered helpful information and tools..that I want to share with other moms! My mission is to help moms who struggle with the pressure to be perfect, release the burden of expectations and become the best mom they can be!
Is this YOU? If you said YES, I want to invite you to join the WooWoo Mama Wellness Community. In this community, you will find like-minded mamas who are also on a journey to let go of expectations..and striving to become the world’s okayest moms!
As a busy mom, you know that our head is always filled with ALL THE INFORMATION! We have to remember every appointment, the stats from last week's sleep schedule is always floating in our brain, we have to observe everything in case someone loses their favourite teddy bear, rubik's cube or wallet. Our brain is like a computer with 20,000 tabs open and, well, it's exhausting!
I am not perfect (yet, LOL), but I am working hard to find the tools that will make my life easier and more organized! Here they are if you want to try them out for yourself:
- Google calendar app. I need a reminder for EVERYTHING! If a reminder doesn't pop up, I will most likely forget (and that includes basic stuff like birthday parties or fun library activities). With google calendar app, you can schedule from your computer OR your phone + if you are a mamapreneur, it syncs with calendly. This way, your client calls are all synced up in your calendar automatically!
- Evernote. It syncs from your phone, to your tablet, and your computer. I think I love everything that can be accessed from anywhere! LOL You are at your computer and think of something - you make a note. You are playing on your phone and think of something - you make a note! You can place everything in folders and get things neatly organized over there + it's FREE!
- Pinterest. I love my coffee & Pinterest Saturday morning meal planning sessions. I almost don't use Google anymore to do searches, I just go on Pinterest. Workouts, recipes, crafts or how-to-clean-my-oven tips! It's all there and you can save it! As mentioned, I also use Pinterest to plan my meals for the week - I even have a board for my WEEKNIGHT MEALS <- check it out!
- Pomodoro. (There's an app for that!) Pomodoro is a genius method to help you get your sh!t done! 25 minutes of focused work + 5 minutes break. I suggest that you use those 5 minutes to move your body. We often say that TIME or lack of time is the biggest reason why we don't exercise. Well, this tool will help you with that! -> Utilise each 5 minutes break to break a little sweat. Do some jumping jacks, squats, mountain climbers, etc for 50 seconds on - 10 seconds break. Make a list of 5 different exercises and give it a GO! You can also grab my five 5 minute workouts for extra ideas.
- Weekly planner page to help you set your goals, action steps and write down your notes. This page didn't exist, so I create one that would have everything I need all on one page! Technology is great, but I love having a piece of paper that I could look at daily to remind me of my goals and dreams! Grab your copy of the weekly planner page HERE.
So, there you have it, mama - my 5 favourite busy mama tools!!