By now, you know the story. I love the holidays and this year I got so excited that I started (and finished) everything super early. It also prompted me to start talking to you about the holidays 2 weeks ago and create a sweet holiday challenge to keep you accountable over the holidays (but more on that later)
THE GOAL OF THIS SERIES IS THIS: MAKE THE HOLIDAYS A FUN A STRESS-FREE ZONE.
Ok, so I can't help you if you don't like spending time with your in-laws or if your cousin's kids drive you crazy.. But, I can help you keep it up during the holidays when it comes to Fitness, Nutrition, Beauty and Spirituality!
This week, we talk about beauty! Now, I am NOT a beauty expert, but I LOVE beauty and fashion, so let's dig in!
Here are my tips to survive the holidays - beauty edition
1. Drink a lot of water. "WHAT? You said you would be talking about beauty, what's water got to do with it?" Well, my friend, water is super important in your beauty regimen. It's very good for the complexion. Here's the trick: carry a water bottle with you all the time and as often as you can, substitute other sugary drinks for water. Your glowing skin will thank you for the switch! (PS: Water gives you more energy too. For real! Our body is made up of water at about 70%, so when you are feeling sluggish it's because your body is getting dehydrated..Fuel up, buttercup!) Plus, the holiday got us filling our cups with coffee and booze which can BOTH dehydrate us - and can lead to premature wrinkles and all that not-so-fun stuff.
2. Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. OK, so this one is a little similar to drinking water, but hear me out...your skin needs to be moisturized. Winter months can wreck our poor skin and the only way to defend yourself is a good moisturizer (still looking for the perfect moisturizer, try this: Perfect Moisturizer) A good moisturizer will help protect, hydrate and replenish your skin. It should both defend your skin against harsh environmental elements AND leave your skin soft and smooth!
3. Facial. Take some time to nourrish your skin with a great facial. You can go at a spa or bring the spa at home. There are many homemade recipes and good products on the market..this one should be easy. I usually do mine while I take a bath (instead of asking for two 20 minutes of alone time, lol!) or I just leave it on while I do stuff around the house. I suggest the previous one so you can relax and enjoy some alone time ;) This will help protect your skin and get it nice and smooth.
4. 5 minute face. Remember Carmindy in What not to wear? Remember her 5 minute face? Well, you need to get in on that (5 minute face). All that highlighter and easy steps will get you glowing and beautiful in no time.
5. Smile! You've seen all the quotes and you know what? They are true!!!!
- A smile is the most beautiful curve on a woman's body.
- I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful.
- A smile is an inexpensive way to change your look.
- A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear.
You get it, right? SMILE!!! :)
If you are looking for more tips, whether it's for fitness, nutrition or beauty, during the holidays. Sign up for the amazing 14 day Holiday Challenge!! Daily tips and actionables...and prizes!!
Invite your friends, your family, your colleagues and even your ol' college buddies. The more the merrier!
Did you find these tips helpful? If you did, please share them on the wonderful world of the interwebs. I would be forever grateful! :)
See you next week for the last of the Keep it up during the Holidays series!