I've caught another cold this past week. It hit me like a ton of bricks..and I am STILL trying to get over it.
In fact, when I started thinking about it, I realized I've been getting sick a whole lot more since I stopped breastfeeding...THREE years ago!
WOAH, I thought. Time to figure this out. Cut back on sugar, load up on probiotics, and take my vitamins more regularly should all help me get better and healthier soon.
It was easy as 1-2-3 to identify the culprit and make a plan of attack in order to get better.
Why isn't it as easy when it comes to our well-being?
When it comes to physical ailments, we can SPOT it and deal with it. When it comes to EMOTIONAL stuff...that shit is hiding deep down and doesn't want to be found.
So, what can we do about this? Check out my 5 tips to get out of an emotional funk and get HAPPY:
- Spot the Inner Mean Girl: It happens often that I get off facebook and find myself feeling ''off'' and don't really know why. If this happens to you, go back and figure out WHAT put you in this crazy mood. Your friends are enjoying the beach while you are shoveling your driveway and it got you all jealous? Your friends are getting married and making babies and you're spending Friday night alone..again and it got you thinking about LIFE and if you're doing it right? Etc... Find WHAT sparked that yucky feeling..so we can make it go away!
- Breathe: Now that you know WHAT has got you down.. Breathe it away. You have no use for this thought anymore. Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit. Done! Gone! Later Sucker! Take 5 to 10 deep cleansing breaths to help you get back to your center.
- Attitude of Gratitude: Instead of focusing on what you DON'T have..I want you to focus on what you DO have! Take a moment to think about THREE things you are grateful for RIGHT-THIS-SECOND. ''Thank you for the heat in my house that is keeping me warm!'', ''Thank you for the delicious coffee!'' and ''Thank you for this box of tissues!'' See, it doesn't have to be super thoughtful and fabulous...it just needs to be straight from the heart! Go ahead, give it a try!
- Wash it Off: Have you ever tried the Shower Meditation? Basically, when you shower, you picture all the worries and negativities being washed away! It feels soooooo good and it's so easy to do!
- Get HAPPY: Do something that puts a smile on your face. Whether that is having a dance party in your living room, a nice bubble bath or reading a good book - DO IT! You deserve to take at least 15 minutes to FEEL GOOD!!
There you have it! My 5 favourite tips to get out of an emotional funk and get HAPPY! Which tip is YOUR favourite? Tell me in the comments below!
PS: Want the tips in cheat sheet form - CLICK HERE!
PPS: Want to sign up for a HAPPY filled 5-day challenge - Click HERE!