We carry the weight of the world on our shoulders.
We try to make the world perfect for everyone we love.
We LOVE so much!
We are tired!
Being a mom is a wonderful job..and it is that: A JOB! It's tough work, but it's fun work (sometimes!LOL)
When it comes to health & fitness we think:
- With EVERYTHING else that I gotta do.. I don't want to add another "thing" to my to-do list!
- I'm too busy! I don't have the time for this!
- My kids are too fussy!
- Sounds good, but I don't even know where to begin..
- My kids and/or partner won't like it.
The truth is, mama, that our job is to feed our kids nutritious foods and not be their pal by feeding them yummy tasting junk.
Let me say that again: It's our JOB to feed them right!
Trust me, I am repeating this message for myself as much as I am for you. I love buying candy and seeing how excited my kids get! But, this is not helping them AT ALL!
Mothers have the power though! Moms are the ones making the meals, organizing activities and making everyone move! You are already making it happen, you just need to amp it up a little.
- Add veggies to your meals. (roasted is our fave! Olive oil, sea salt, oven at 425 for 25 minutes!)
- Add fruits to your snacks. (granola bar AND apple!)
- Add superfood to your smoothies. (chia seeds, cinnamon, etc)
- Add physical activity to your family activities. (walk to the movies, go for a bike ride and have a picnic, etc!)
You are already doing ALL of it anyways..why not use this time to do it a little better?
I know you get tired. I know you don't want to add another thing to fight about with your kids. I know. I also know that doing small changes to your live and theirs..will have a HUGE impact!
Now is not the time to throw out all the junk and sign everyone up for the next 5K... Now is the time to see that YOU matter, you need to take good care of you with nutritious food and daily movement. Now is the time to get your family on board. This is not one of those crazy diets that is unhealthy for kids and that you have to do all on your own. This is a lifestyle that will benefit EVERYONE!
Not too sure how to do this? Where to begin? I can help! Join the 5-day Begin Your Journey to Health challenge and get some answers!