I have a content schedule. A track to follow so that everything makes sense around here. But this morning calls for a talk about MOTIVATION!
I've been working out for a while now. Since September to be exact. I was working out before but I would skip weeks and months..LOL In September I made a deal with myself and started on my journey. My alarm goes off at 5:55 every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. I wrote myself a plan and I switch it every month so I don't get bored (and to work as many muscles as possible). I even started a BeachBody challenge 3 weeks ago..because I love PiYo and want to become a coach too! (more on that journey soon!)
But last week, it began to go downhill. I was working out because of habit and not because I really wanted to. I do it because I want to be healthy and have sexy abs...not because I think it's fun...WOAH!!! As this ever happened to you?
Of course, it's kind of awesome that I got into the habit of moving daily and that my body craves it when I try to skip it..but, motivation, I need you back into my life.
What happens when you run out of motivation? You find ways to get it back! Here are my top 5 ''motivation-where-are-you'' tips:
- Like Nike would say JUST DO IT! You do it out of habit perhaps, but you know you'll feel so much better afterwards. Plus, you'll earn your shower! LOL
- Just do 5-10 or 15 minutes. Set a timer and stop...or keep going! Or, you can even do something for 1 minute. Go for jumping jacks, squats, pushups, burpees..whatever gets your heart rate up a little.
- Do something different. Last week, I didn't want to go through the SAME PiYo warmup again..NO WAY! So, I decided to take out my old fitness plan (click HERE to get my March Fitness Calendar) and do a leg and shoulders day instead. It felt great!
- Sign up for classes. You've invested money in the class (and most likely in a new outfit)..You wouldn't want to be throwing away money now, would ya?
- Don't do it. Once in a while it's OK to kick up your feet and enjoy a good book, a coffee date with a friend. Relax!
- If you want a little more, sign up below to get the handout (there are 13 tips on it!)
Did you find some motivation yet? If you didn't, here's my BEST TIP: **Find a workout buddy!**
You can workout together, but you can also keep each other accountable. A quick text saying ''I worked out, did you?'' or ''Urrghh, I soooo don't want to do this..motivate me!!!!!!!!!'' is sure to get you motivated!
Finding a good fit friend can be tough. That's why I am inviting you to join the Team Journey to Health! It's an online community of like-minded people. If you want to take good care of your health and crave some support and motivation, click HERE (or on the pic) to join the awesomest team!!!